You may have collected enough stories over the years to fill a dozen volumes. Why limit yourself to just a book? Why not reach your audience through the networks they use most? Continually share your memories and engage with people from all over the world through a website, blog, video channel, or social media posts. Digital stories combine video, sound, text and visuals into fun interactive experiences. They can also be continually updated and give your audience additional information that wouldn’t fit in a printed book, live exhibit or event.
Launch a digital storytelling campaign and reach thousands, maybe millions, of new friends, customers, supporters, collectors, and donors. Let them engage and connect with you around your stories, and perhaps they will be featured in the next chapters of your legacy.
Benefits of Digital Storytelling:
- Magnify the reach and impact of your story.
- Help your target audience/market learn about you and connect with your story.
- Become a trusted source of information about your family history, field of expertise, collection, business, or community group.
- There are no time limits for the project – it can continue to grow and be built upon as new chapters unfold.
- Digitize and preserve your old photos, slides, films, vhs tapes, and audio recordings. Make them easy to share.
- For businesses: use digital stories about your history to grow and deepen your engagement with customers, clients, audiences, and/or donors.
- Planning: First we will meet with you to discuss your vision for the project. Out of this initial meeting we will make a plan and timeline of deliverables.
- Interview phase: Next we will record a series of in-depth interviews that will cover all the topics you have identified in the planning phase. The Interviews will be recorded professionally in high definition video, and all original files will be given to you at the end of the project.
- Content gathering: While we conduct interviews we will also start gathering historical artifacts (photos, letters, records) and digitize them to be included in the project. This is also the time we will do additional research if needed to give historical context.
- Editing phase: After all the material is collected, we will edit the interviews into a series of short videos or blog posts to be fed into your existing website or social media feeds, or produce a new media project (ie. a series of short documentary videos, or a blog). All along the way you will be given opportunities to review drafts, give feedback, and add or edit the content.
- Finally, you can share your stories with the world!
ROYCLEVELANDNUSE.COM – a website to further the legacy of Roy Cleveland Nuse, a respected Pennsylvania Impressionist Painter whose work is still prominent in museums and private collections today.
METROSTEP: a series of mini documentaries about choreographers and dance companies made for Pentacle, a not-for-profit management support organization for the performing arts.
Types of digital projects:
- Video (delivered as files and/or on DVD)
- Audio (delivered as files and/or on CD)
- Interactive web pages (involving all media formats: photos, video, audio, and text)
- blog posts (all media)
- Social media posts (all media)
- Slide shows (delivered as files and/or on DVD)
- Digitizing and organizing analog files (photos, slides, vinyl records, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, etc)
This is just a partial list of the ways we could help you tell your story. Contact us to discuss your project today!